Design is such an integral aspect of every home, especially considering it is your house design that serves as the look that represents the home where you live in. House designs should be able to express what kind of family you are, what tastes you have in terms of art, and other forms of symbolism that will make your home unique from all the rest. As such, we understand why it quite can be such a big deal for you to want to have the perfect house design for your new home.
However before we get that perfect look or looking for, you should probably consider a few basics first. Here are basic design tips you should take a quick look at:
- Apply paint to work with your space. Paint and colors in your home have a lot to do with how they’re viewed by the eye. This is important, especially if the rest of your furniture and accessories will be matching the paint you choose. Color choice matters in a lot of ways – choosing darker colors make rooms feel like they have less space. Meanwhile, lighter colors can give the feeling that rooms are more “spacious.” Likewise, soft hues can generate an element of unity, while bolder colors add more excitement and dynamism to rooms. All of these have different impacts to your home’s perception, so be sure to choose carefully. If you’re moving to Manhattan and you’re having a hard time choosing your paint colors, consider going to hardware stores in the area and check live samples for your choice.
- Consider an open design for added impact. If you want your guests to “wow” at your overall home ambiance, you can opt for an open plan design to increase impact. This adds a huge layer of openness to your home, and can make your house seem like it has a lot more space. This works for houses that are a bit “small” or if you’re working with limited space. A setup like this also helps you experiment a bit with appearances, and have balance with your overall “look.”
- Decorate your space with plants and other natural elements. Regardless of your home design, you can actually add a lot of impact and detail with natural elements. Consider adding large potted plants, small indoor plants, bamboo decorations, as well as wooden and stone furniture to add a bit of “natural” flair to your home. Modern designs with a lot of neutral colors can have “life” with these natural elements. Meanwhile, traditional designs can have that “homely” feel with these natural decorations.
- Incorporate a centerpiece or flashy accessories in select parts of the home. A great way of generating a lot of impact to your home is by choosing to add accessories to select parts of the home. Aside from art pieces, things like heirlooms, antique furniture, or even musical instruments can add a lot of flair to your room. Centerpieces like pianos could work to add a lot of visual impact to any room, just make sure you have long distance piano movers to move them to your home properly.
- Use lighting to improve the view in your rooms. Lighting also plays a huge role with how your rooms look and “feel.” And interesting, this isn’t always about choosing lights. Choose pendant lights and hanging lights to add an aesthetic “feel” to emptier rooms, as these serve as centerpieces. Meanwhile, big windows can add a lot of light to rooms where lights are lacking, and mirrors can also reflect a lot of light and add a dimension of space to rooms.
Home Design: The Perfect First Steps Make A Perfect Foundation
With the above tips in mind, you hopefully have a great head start and ensuring your home has the best design foundation available before you begin tweaking your interior design according to your tastes. Remember, starting this way as important as you want to make sure you are aware of the strengths and weaknesses of your house design before you get creative. 16 shares end up with precisely the kind of interior design that will be perfect for when you finally move to your home.