Top 5 Data Recovery Software In 2021
Accidentally deleted an important file?
Didn’t save the file before the device battery died?
Unable to scan a corrupt drive?
It happens! And pretty often!
But even though there are in-built file recovery options available on Windows and other operating systems, they have their own limitations. In this case, you will need a specialist to dig deep into the device storage unit and unearths the essential data you need.
So here are the top five data recovery softwares that can help you do just that and much more. Recover files in several formats from an endless number of devices, along with additional features that will ease your access to data. Dive in without further ado!
EaseUS is surely one of the best data recovery softwares out there that comes jam-packed with amazing features. It has an advanced deep scan algorithm that works like a pro and recovers files from all sorts of devices. Moreover, the interface is extremely user-friendly and predictive, and you will be able to preview files before recovering them.
It is specifically effective in recovering data lost due to events like accidental deletion, power failure, system crashes, and malware attacks. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard also supports various file systems, formats, and operating systems, and storage devices which speak volumes for its efficiency.
- Free Trial available.
- Can recover data from various loss situations.
- Easy to use uncluttered interface.
- Supports thousands of file formats for photos, videos, text files, and more.
- Supports several file systems, including NTFS, FAT, exFAT, and more.
- Ample of user guides for usage instruction or queries.
- Secured with 256-bit SSL.
- Free tech support.
2. Disk Drill
Developed by Clever Files, the Disk Drill is another powerful data recovery software. It has a collection of smart algorithms that can recover data from almost all loss situations. It empowers you to recover or reconstruct files of hundreds of formats from a wide range of devices, that too with little to no expertise.
But apart from data recovery, it also offers insights on the health of your disc, locating duplicates, data protection and backup, and much more.
- Offers free data recovery up to 500 MB.
- Free access to Recovery Vault for data protection.
- Preview files before recovery.
- Supports most Operating systems, file formats, and storage devices.
- Easy to install and intuitive user interface.
- Tons of additional features for smart search and recovery of data.
Recuva is another superior data recovery software that can retrieve data from any rewritable media, be it external/ internal hard drives and memory cards, among others. Even a damaged disc or formatted drive is not out of bounds for Recuva that has been developed by CCleaner. Besides, it can even recover your deleted emails on MS Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird.
However, another unique feature about this recovery software is that it can also dispose of a file for good. For this, it uses a military-grade deletion technique that leaves no trace of the deleted file. And no other recovery software shall be able to recover files once deleted by Recuva.
- Free version available.
- Paid versions include virtual hard drive support and automatic updates.
- Deep scan algorithm and fast file recovery.
- Military-grade file deletion in paid versions.
- Gives prior intimation on the recoverability of data.
- Works with all major operating systems, file formats, and storage devices.
- Easy access to a vast range of tutorials and a Help Center.
What began as a free backup solution for individuals has now turned into an enterprise-grade data backup specialist. It makes a detailed backup of your entire data cache while listing the newest files in the beginning. And the entire backup is created and managed in its virtual buckets.
But don’t worry. You may rest assured of the safety of your data with CrashPlan as it has tough 256-bit AES data encryption in place. Thanks to this backup, the files that you delete will be retrievable from the backup at any time in the future. You will also have the power to decide the time frame till which CrashPlan must hold the backup or pause the backup altogether.
- Pricing is simple and easy to set up. A free trial is available.
- Data backups are accomplished continuously.
- No upper limit on file size.
- Works on all connected devices and external drives.
- Customer Support available through mail and chat.
Stellar is here for an equally amazing performance, as its name signifies. Its free version allows you to recover up to 1 GB of data on Windows, which may include your emails, text files, graphics, and other audio-video. Besides, it supports hundreds of file formats and storage devices. You will get a complete preview of files before actually recovering them from corrupt or formatted devices.
The paid version comes with a lot more detailed features like the ability to retrieve data from crashed devices, lost partitions, and even repair corrupt photos and videos. BitLocker® data recovery is another amazing feature that makes Stellar a worthy data recovery software.
- Three-step data recovery.
- Time-saving, as full system scans can be avoided.
- Supports multiple devices and file formats.
- Supports BitLocker® data recovery
- Offers repair of corrupt data.
- A variety of price plans to suit your needs.