The new influencer marketing – memes and GIFs:
There is increasing popularity for memes and GIFs on social media. Every brand is making its story simple with memes and Gifs for attracting distracted audiences. Creating brand awareness between millennials and Gen Z is not an easy task as brands need to satisfy both the generations. Thus, creating advertisements for their product is always challenging for the brands. From the infinity image pool, it may be hard to choose an image and create ads. So we are here to help you in understanding GIFs and memes for better branding.
What is a meme?
A meme is a visual content that expresses your opinion as a humorous caption on any issue. Memes are mostly images with some relevant content with a straightforward message. Our brains have an excellent ability to process visual context faster than text. There is no wonder that memes are gaining more popularity in branding your products.
Memes express the situations satirically and are the new trend for increasing the ROI of the brands as per the recent study. They are the hottest online currency for marketing your brand. Using a meme maker, you can create engaging memes in less time. There are many online meme-makers that you can use for free. The best tools for meme makers are GATM meme generators, mematic, memedroid, InVideo.io, ZOmboDroid’s meme generator Free, Tumblr, and meme creator. Memes travel faster than content or news. Nowadays, you can see many memes on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
What is a GIF?
A GIF is a Graphical Interchange Format to animate images as a soundless video clip. This clip will loop continuously without a start or stop button. GIFs are easy to make and share on social media. GIFs are stronger than texts and memes. They are easy to understand and quick to grasp.
There is no wonder that 36% of millennials use emojis, stickers, and GIFs to express their feelings and thoughts. GIFs are extensively used in group chats and blog posts by the young generation. There is a separate keyboard for GIFs on all the major platforms. Some statistics say that 63% of Americans are using GIFs regularly in their communications.
GIFs and Memes are the future branding technique. On average, people watch only the first 3 to 5 seconds of a video and skip them if they are not engaging. It means that brands must get the attention of the people in less than 5 seconds. GIFs fits well under this category and is the current marketing strategy among the brands.
How to use GIFs in Marketing?
GIFs are visually more stimulating than still images. Chefs use GIFS to show their recipe, Gamers use to share game highlights, and Shoppers to show the new look. They are easier to make and used in all social media. You can use GIFs in between the content and amidst conversations.
- The best part of GIFs is that you can reuse your video contents. Choose the most popular clip of an existing video advertisement and add your vision.
- WIth a 2 minute video, you can make dozens of GIFs.
- GIFs are more interesting than images. GIFs will make you stand out from your competitors in advertisements, emails and social feeds.
- GIFs are used extensively in emails for taking the advertisement into the brain easily.
- Every day 1 billion GIFs are created and used in popular websites. The reason for the increase in usage is because customers love them. Use GIFs extensively in social media.
- GIFs maximize the branding capacity on every platform. It is delivered immediately to the brain. The brain processes the content in a fraction and stores it in mind. When GIFs are seen, again and again, it connects the customers with the products.
- GIFs of your product take your business to the next level. GIFs must show the potential of the brand in less than five seconds. Audiences have no other choice but to watch it.
Tips for good GIFs:
- Use simple and clear contents that do not irritate the eye- Use pictures that are simple. The picture should be very clear and space for adding text.
- Deliver visually- focused content and avoid heavy text – Add short, crisp sentences in the image. It should add value to the picture. Sometimes adding text and images will give new definition to the meme.
- Use themed colors consistent with your branding wherever applicable – Themes are very important in branding the product. Every brand has a particular theme and make sure to apply them in the GIFs. Customers are used to these themes and they will always correlate your theme in many things.
- Use GIFs on social media for creating engagement and start a conversation. we cannot predict how and why a GIF gets popular. If the GIF suits a situation well, then irrespective of the concept, it will become popular in a few hours. We have seen many GIFs going viral because of its humor and starting a conversation on social media.
- Use GIFs in email marketing for increasing click rates. Funny GIFs are used as the best marketing strategy to increase the clicks and drive traffic to the website. when the traffic is more, it indicates that customers like your memes. It creates positive brand correlation.
- GIFs created as an answer to customer queries or FAQ will increase the sales. This is the most ironic way to reach more customers.
- You can use a small section of the movie to deliver your message.
Creating a good meme depends on the creator. Creators must understand what they are going to reproduce and create memes. Memes must be sarcastic and funny—memes require bonding between a topic and their inner meaning. You can draw memes using the pictures online. You can also try meme templates available right here. There are many online tools to create engaging memes such as Imgflip, kapwing, adobe spark, picmonkey, and meme-creator.
Memes are inexpensive content: Memes are easy to create. You can create simple images in less than ten minutes. With the idea in mind, you can create an engaging image with a good caption and publish it on social media.
Memes are funny: They are funny and increase engagement across a community. Memes are produced as an imitation of an idea, practice, or style. It does only one job – to make people fill their lips. Memes are encouraging and appealing to people to share them.
Sharable content: Memes increase the shareability of the content and reach a wider circle of audience. If you create a meme with culture, then it will spread rapidly among the people. Sometimes after completing a round, it may get tweeted again with some different context. So if your meme has copy-fidelity, it will reach more customers.
Relevancy of the brand: Memes increases the relevance of the brand. Memes related to current trends are shared and viewed more by the customers. So if you want your brand to reach more customers, then use the scenario and create memes. Memes are the core social media strategy to make their brands look cool and goofy with pop culture. If people share your meme more, then it indicates that your brand is gaining popularity.
Tips for Good memes:
- Memes must match your brand voice.
- Create a meme library with all possible clips.
- Create original memes in different styles, fonts, and types.
- Create memes for a recent cultural phenomenon.
- Repost relevant memes and track attraction.
Memes and GIFs are gaining popularity in social media platforms like Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and LinkedIn. The brands are using Memes and GIFS as an effective tool for marketing their product. They are targeting millennials and Gen Z- sales forces and are creating more memes and GIFs. Some memes may not be possible to understand. Remember, it is also a marketing strategy.